SCTPG is the local affiliate of ALA’s Association for Library Collections and Technical Services. It was established in 1959 to provide continuing education and networking opportunities for technical services library staff. Programs focus on technical services operations and often include actual demonstrations on products and/or activities as well as tours of unique facilities.
There are now two options for paying your dues: a one year membership/renewal and a three year membership/renewal. The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Annual dues are still $10.00.
Some of the great professional benefits of being a member of SCTPG include:
- Participation in an ALA ALCTS-affiliate group
- Early notification of upcoming SCTPG programs
- Reduced fees for SCTPG programs
- Eligibility to vote in SCTPG elections
- Eligibility to serve on the SCTPG Executive Committee
- Opportunities to network with technical services librarians and staff from all over Southern California
If you would like to join SCTPG or renew your membership for the current year or for three years, please print and complete this membership form [.pdf].
Please return your completed membership form with a check for either $10.00 or $30.00, payable to SCTPG.
Shamika Simpson, Secretary/Treasurer Chair
Long Beach City College
LAC Library Y-18
4901 East Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808