SCTPG is the local affiliate of ALA’s Association for Library Collections and Technical Services. It was established in 1959 to provide continuing education and networking opportunities for technical services library staff. Programs focus on technical services operations and often include actual demonstrations on products and/or activities as well as tours of unique facilities.
The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Annual dues are still $10.00.
Some of the great professional benefits of being a member of SCTPG include:
- Participation in an ALA ALCTS-affiliate group
- Early notification of upcoming SCTPG programs
- Reduced fees for SCTPG programs
- Eligibility to vote in SCTPG elections
- Eligibility to serve on the SCTPG Executive Committee
- Opportunities to network with technical services librarians and staff from all over Southern California
If you would like to join SCTPG or renew your membership for the current year, please complete this online membership form